|5.0||Visit Website View Profile|
Seller Central Amazon is the beginning of the journey for all FBA sellers who start career on the platform. When you’re a beginner, the first question is actually “Where should I start doing all the things to sell?”. Amazon seller central is the answer you’ve been looking for. In fact, this solid platform is like the management board that centralizes all the hassle that could follow you as a new player on the e-commerce platform.
Why do you need a solution like that you may ask? One of the reasons is that the potential of Amazon for business growth and expansion is unlimited. Seriously, you can scale up the operation to the unseen upper cap of sold volumes and seized product categories in which you’re selling.
The platform is the milestone of your career on the platform. We believe that you’ll show great results there. Follow our Amazon seller central guide to know what it is, and why this knowledge is crucial for your business.
What is Amazon Seller Central
Amazon central seller is the place where you can manage various elements of the e-commerce process on the platform. In reality, it’s often confused with the Amazon seller center, but forget that name for now. The right spelling is Amazon Seller Central, and there are several reasons for that.
Amazon seller central account creation gives you the opportunities to perform the following:
- Process payments with the help of the Amazon Pay platform that has been recently renovated.
- Customize the appearance of the websites where your items are sold via Amazon Advertising.
- Perform a full-scale management of the returns that you receive from the customers who have issues with the purchased goods.
In Seller Amazon central, you can also start enjoying the proclaimed fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) model of the partnership inside seller central. By choosing FBA, you’re getting all the benefits of not thinking about the logistics of moving things here and there before selling them.
Amazon asks you to send the inventory to them, and they handle the rest. How would you manage this feature without the platform and their versatile dashboard? So many thanks to Amazon for such a unified, all-in-one solution that they offer.
How to Set an Account on Seller Central Amazon?
Setting up the account on seller central is the doorway step before you can begin selling, no alternative ways for that. Right before the registration, you have to check the following information to get verified by the system:
- Name of the business you own.
- The contact information to reach you by the customers. Here, also include the info to contact you on Amazon separately.
- Credentials and physical address.
- Regional delivery coverage.
- Bank info of the account.
- The logo which identifies you as a seller.
- A short pitch to tell the customers about your business. You have to tell why they should purchase from you, and what benefits this choice includes.
- The refund policies in case you have to get the order back and return the cash.
You can then register the account either in the web browser or by using the Amazon seller central app. Most likely, you’ll see a button that says, “ Start Selling .” Press it to continue to the account creation page. From there, you’re going to be guided via several steps. Simply input the data they ask to get started inside of the registration steps.
In the end, don’t forget to complete the creation of the account with two-step authentication to add a bit of security to your profile. The Amazon seller central fees aren’t the real deal because you’ll choose from two selling plans available for sellers later.
How to Choose What Kind of Products to Sell on Amazon?
To find the answer to that question, you have to become a bit of a detective for some time. That’s right, digging into Amazon takes a while, and lots of efforts along with patience too. There are several strategies for choosing the kind of products to sell on Amazon without any external tools.
After finishing the setup of your Amazon seller central, research the primary niches of goods sold on Amazon and which products rank the highest. Enter Amazon Best Sellers list to see who hit the jackpot of sales because of high quality and crispy customer service. A good strategy will be to make private labels on items that are already selling on Amazon. Just find the supplier and contact him to make your labeling.
However, there is a way to avoid manual product category analysis on Amazon. This could be achieved with the help of FBA tools which have even a wider functionality than that of Amazon seller central. We’ve collected the leaders of the industry. Please, meet IO Scout, Jungle Scout, and Helium 10 .
IO Scout is one of the tools that will help you target a niche of the dream on Amazon straightforwardly. This is the multitool that has everything included, from keyword research to customer review tracking. They’ve built success owing to three main principles:
- Amazon seller central inspiration regarding online and retail arbitrage. They’ve borrowed the best practices that Amazon has been testing out for the years so far.
- The highest data accuracy when you research the available goods in the Amazon system. Other solutions fail to provide 100% accurate information because Amazon updates every day. IO scout manages to get the data two times a day with the help of licensed API provided by Amazon.
- Via single account, you’re able to connect up to 10 researchers who will work together with you.
If you think that IO Scout is not enough for you, and it would be a better solution to stick with Amazon seller central, know one fact. IO Scout includes over 150 million products from Amazon at your hand. Find and research everything you want with the help of diversified filters, available sales, revenues, prices, and much more.
Jungle Scout is the popular inventory manager. It has some features of Amazon seller central, but it can do a bit more to impress you. JS website page screams with different features - all of them are useful and work as they promise. So far, we can give a plus to JS compared to other solutions for a few cool features:
- Find the products from the niches that are crowded. Yes, Jungle Scout can do that, but you’re able to do it on your own. Inside of Jungle Scout, you can search for dozens of products by keyword. Traverse categories using custom filters to find what interests you.
- Track competitors from the smallest to the largest players on Amazon. A product tracker is a tool that helps you accomplish this task effectively. See how competitors are performing in terms of daily sales and inventory data. The tool wants you to be a James Bond of Amazon, this is the positioning it offers to all merchants.
- Be your own manager of master supply and demand. If you want to think strategically, know when to replenish stock and keep the new item upcomings up-to-date.
Helium 10 promises to raise you to the top as an Amazon seller. Plenty of ambition, it's fair to admit. Their concept is a one-in-one tool suite for Amazon professionals. Whether you’re an e-commerce enthusiast or running the enterprise in the FBA sector, expect to have several tools at your hand to save the day. They promise that you’ll succeed using these, and so do we. Check out what they have in the toolbox:
- Black Box, aka product research, is the tool that provides you a sales insight. It’s a mirror that offers creative perspective over deep product research. Well, it’s your ultimate mission from the very beginning, so make it happen with Helium 10.
- Xray is the product research tool that works as a Chrome extension for the insights on the products from the lists you scroll on Amazon.
- Listing optimizer, also known as Scribbles, makes sure that you never miss any keywords to promote each product.
Navigating the Seller Central Key Dashboard Features
It’s the stage at which most people who see the dashboard for the first time are getting lost. You’re not going to be one of them after reading the guide. Initially, it can be hard for you to orient yourself here, but soon the life inside the dashboard will be a breeze for you.
The looks of the dashboard are focused around primary navigation and filter options to get the best feedback from such a versatile solution as seller central. One of the benefits of the dashboard is that it has a meaningful design. The widget-like structure of the dashboard leads to a pleasant experience of navigation around the webpage. Works like a charm, yet you’ll have to poke around here and there to understand what features are bundled inside.
This is the spot in the dashboard where you can perform necessary steps to control the management and customer success of your operation. Here, you can see that the number of visitors is declining or improving. How can you do that? You should see the inflow of the orders you’re getting, this is an indicator of whether you’re succeeding or not.
Here, you can see the number of orders that have come during the last business day. Currently, you may not be having any orders, but wait for the rest of the day to kick in. Also, you can manage the exchange/return ratio in just a single glance. You’re seeing the tab that says how many return or exchange requests are currently coming to your account. The next thing that pops up is the view of the orders that have not been shipped yet.
You’ll also get exposed to the calculator-like element of Amazon central which shows pending, premium unshipped, unshipped, return requests, seller fulfilled, and fulfilled by Amazon stats. We think that it rocks to have a feature like that in the seller central.
That’s not an empty name because the coach indeed trains you to stay responsible and patient during FBA selling. The feature is automatic and doesn’t require direct manual control from you. You’ll always stay informed about the parts of your operation with the assistance of Selling Coach.
When was the last time you failed to control the right number of the items in your stock? The inventory levels are one of the crucial features of Amazon which you might expect to fail sooner or later on your behalf without the appropriate control. Amazon knows that and lets you control everything from available inventory to the estimated days of coverage.
Moreover, Selling Coach will always tell you that some products are selling far better than the others. This is crucial when getting in touch with the possible competitive advantage, in which some goods are getting over the others in the stock that you offer. When you see that an item is selling well, there is the predictive algorithm that says you can earn even more by increasing the number of shipping options that you use.
If you want to confirm the predictions of Amazon, simply press the button called “Restock” to get all the things fixed and the stock supplied again. It works like a wave of the magic stick.
The name of the menu item from this tab is self-explanatory. The feature assists in keeping the tabs well-tracked in terms of money management. You see how much cash you got from Amazon and when it’ll be transferred to the account that you have set up as the personal one.
The payment system from the sold items works bi-monthly. You’re puzzled what it means, we get it. The payouts are performed two times a month to deliver the best transparency. All you have to do is to pay the $40 fee for the pro account to enable both Amazon seller central and payments summary.
The two text bars are displayed inside of Payments Summary. The fee is then charged from you. It costs around $40, which is not that much. To see the detailed information about the money you receive and have on the account, click View Payments Summary to know more.
Manage Your Case Log
The tool under this name is the simplest one from the list. If you forgot to enter something on Amazon or see any incoming alerts from the buyers, it’s the exact time to open Manage Your Case Log. The tool displays the total number of alerts you’re having on the central dashboard.
To solve the cases, you’re instructed to press the link that shows the number of cases requiring your attention. After that, you’ll be redirected to the messages which seem troublesome to answer as soon as you can. No hurries, you would better stay vigilant and informed on the number of issues that ask for your attention.
The feature indicates the total number of sales in the four scheduled periods Amazon seller central wants to show you. The sales summary works like the following:
- The mini-page that displays the Ordered product sales compared to Units that have been sold.
- The four periods appear in this tab to get you familiar with the existing sales dynamics. You can see how much Ordered product sales happened today, in 7 days , 15 , and 30 days .
- If you need to watch over a more precise kind of data over the existing sales and their dynamics, there is a solution for you by Amazon seller central. Go into the View More of Your Sales Statistics link below the main indications to see the picture in the right way.
You can also explore the number of sales in other markets in this tool. Feel free to optimize your future PPC campaigns for the right market. Amazon seller central knows that you have an interest in doing that, so they included the view on other markets.
Have you ever wanted not to miss something important from Amazon? They frequently share informative pieces of content that will likely skip over your attention. This is not the thing you want to neglect at all, believe the majority of savored FBA sellers who know how it feels like to be aboard.
Well, Amazon accounted for even that in their multitool solution. Headlines are like good old RSS reader. Except it works like that in the context of Amazon FBA selling. Here, you can find the latest news which review e-commerce trends and the latest seller news story headlines.
Amazon gives the estimation of the quality of operation that you’re running in the framework of this feature. When you’re looking at this section, you see the quality of the score as a whole. It means that if you sell well, they will reward you with a nice score. By them, we mean your favorite, beloved customers who will tell you how good you are compared to the competitors.
Everything you’ll see here is the total number of buyer messages right below the Performance tab name. Then, you’ll glance over A-Z Guarantee . Next, you’ll encounter the sub-section called Chargeback claims that tells whether there are any returns to you along with the attached customer feedback.
The final subsection is called Account Health that tells the general status of the rating that your operation has at the moment.
Choosing Fulfillment Option
This decision is going to shape out the commercial logistics of the operation you’re running on Amazon currently. There are two ways to sell the products on Amazon that are not going to lead you to anything wrong. You should know that you can sell products on Amazon:
- By yourself. This is pretty clear. You have to list the products on Amazon every time the order is sent to you directly. Then, you should send them via postal services. Shipping the order on your own might be a daunting task, especially when you deal with the large stocks. On top of that, you need to process refunds, returns, and support the quality of the customer service to keep people satisfied. Your goal is to avoid negative reviews and support the reputation of the products. However, there is a much simpler way not to take care of that.
- By the FBA model. This solution is selected by the majority of the sellers today on Amazon. The latter takes care of everything regarding logistics and customer support. Amazon gets your orders, packs them, and delivers to the doorsteps of thankful clients. They have their own shipment infrastructure which can adjust to the business of all volumes. Instead, you have to pay small FBA fees. You can pay either per single unit or choose a monthly subscription for the service.
Benefits of Using Amazon Seller Central
Amazon seller central is one of the things that distinguish the e-commerce platform from other solutions like Aliexpress. The solution keeps your business afloat, minimizing the risks of losing the investments. Seller central makes sure that the listings go higher than sellers’ who’re not using the dashboard.
Listings get better design and formatting which attracts more customers to purchase goods from you. Also, high-quality images, memorable title of the products, bright item descriptions, and product details are getting the visual overhaul.
Amazon has introduced the seller central with the intention to amplify your success. As you’re moving along the growth, you’ll see how the benefits of seller central influence the development of your business. If you think that Amazon can do something better with seller central, you can suggest that and write to their support. So far, we find the central seller a perfect solution for every FBA beginner or professional.